OncoHUB Uptodate 4.0 conference in Ukraine was a success, gathering more than 800 oncology specialists from all over Ukraine and featuring the Minister of Health Of Ukraine, Viktor Liashko, opening the conference. And for the first time in history of OncoHUB, there was a radiation oncology section organized by Dr. Maryna Sokolovska in collaboration with HUG. Five HUG members presented at the radiation oncology section:
- Dr. Ruslan Zelinskyi “Radiation oncology in Ukraine – time for a change?”
- Dr. Yuliia Lozko “Total Skin Electron Irradaition (TSEI) as a method of treatment of cutaneous lymphoma”
- Dr. Serhii Brovchuk “Modern techniques of radiotherapy”
- Dr. Zoia Shepil “Role of radiotherapy in treatment of GYN cancer”
- Dr. Nataliya Kovalchuk ” Advancement Trends in Radiation Oncology from ASTRO 2023 and beyond”
And Dr. Nelya Melnitchouk, the founder of GMKA, has given a talk at the GI oncology section ” Rectal cancer: watch and wait strategy and immunotherapy”.
Help Ukraine Group is grateful to OncoHUB organizers, Dr. Sokolovska, and especially, Dr. Andriy Beznosenko, for giving such an opportunity to radiation oncologists and medical physicists in Ukraine to expand their horizon and learn the modern aspects of radiotherapy in the era of IMRT/VMAT linacs replacing Co-60 machines.