HUG collaborates closely with Global Medical Knowledge Alliance (GMKA) on finding training positions abroad for the Ukrainian onco practitioners and on HealUA app project on providing peer-to-peer consults for Ukrainian doctors. Help Ukraine Group also collaborates with OncoHub and Ukrainian Association of Medical Physicists (UAMP) in organizing presentations at the conferences and providing virtual training for onco practitioners. Nova Ukraine supports HUG with shipping of medical supplies and supporting Ukrainian visiting observers abroad.
Help Ukraine Group petitioned for support of Ukrainian radiotherapy centers from various professional organizations:
- American Society of Radiation Oncology (ASTRO) hosted multiple sessions on Ukraine in 2022 and 2023, provided free registration for the ASTRO annual meetings for the Ukrainian attendees and provided free access to ASTRO Refresher course 2022 to all radiotherapy centers in Ukraine. ASTRO also published the HUG blog on situation with radiotherapy in Ukraine and how to help. We are grateful to ASTRO for invaluable support for Ukrainian radiotherapy during the war!
- HUG members also appealed to American Association of Medical Physicists (AAPM) for support by presenting at the International Council Meeting and Global Needs Assessment Meeting. AAPM International Council vouched to support Ukrainian medical physicists with virtual educational courses and training of medical physicists abroad. Thank you, AAPM!
- European Society for Radiotherapy and Oncology (ESTRO) hosted two talks on situation in Ukraine and how to help during the ESTRO Annual 2023 meeting in Vienna, Austria. ESTRO leadership is supporting Ukrainians with providing free access to virtual courses on contouring. ESTRO also published the HUG newsletter describing the situation with radiotherapy in Ukraine and urging its membership for support. Thank you, ESTRO!
- American Brachytherapy Society (ABS) hosted a session on Ukraine and provided free registration and travel funds for two Ukrainian speakers. Thank you, ABS!
- Radiological Society of North America (RSNA) hosted a session on Ukraine co-organized by HUG and UMANA and provided a free virtual registration to its annual meeting in 2023. Thank you, RSNA!
- Australasian College of Physical Scientists and Engineers in Medicine (ACPSEM) invited sessions on Ukraine in 2022 and 2023, offered free registration for the EPSM annual meetings for Ukrainian attendees. HUG are grateful to ACPSEM for invaluable support for Ukrainian radiotherapy during the war!
- Australasian Brachytherapy Group (ABG) invited 3 presentations on brachytherapy in Ukraine to the 2023 conference. Free registration was provided for Ukrainians undertaking training in Australia. Thank you ABG!
- Australian Society of Medical Imaging and Radiation Therapy (ASMIRT) invited session at 2023 conference on radiation cancer treatment in Ukraine. The Board of Directors of ASMIRT donated $1 per member as seed funding for donations to the Ukrainian Medical Radiation Practitioners and set up a portal for further donations from members.